The article can be found here: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/06/opinion/06edelson.html?_r=1
Hi, my name is Kaitlyn Geiger and I am one of the founding members of the Ohio State Quidditch League. When I am not on the pitch, I spend my time studying under top-notch political science professors. In my experience, Quidditch and an excellent education are not mutually exclusive. Why must a student give up something they have adored growing up, as you say, when they reach college? If anything, they should continue with whatever they enjoy, regardless if others may deem it “frozen in high school.” I have found Quidditch, as well as any other activity I have participated in at OSU, an excellent place to make friends outside of class and a fun way to unwind during the week. So, my advice to you is to lose whatever ivory tower conceptions of college you may have and learn to relax and live a little.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment